Sunday, November 25, 2007

New Church Calling

After lying low for awhile and hoping I would be forgotten, I got the call from Chris Barker to meet with Brother Terry from the bishopric. Brother Terry ended up having to see too many people at our alotted meeting time, so Bishop Pitt ended up extending the call to me. I was totally unprepared for what he asked me to do. When he asked if I would be a Gospel Doctrine teacher, my heart sunk. I thought for sure that I would be on the activities committee. My previous calling as chorister in sacrament meeting took me out of my comfort zone, but this one takes the cake . I think the Lord keeps challenging me to progress. While I am terrified, at least the Book of Mormon will be the book we are studying and I am excited about that. I was set apart right after church and was comforted to know that my calling was given after prayerful consideration and that Heavenly Father would be there for guidance if I would ask. I will do much studying and praying for guidance.

No comments: