Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where do babies come from?

Today in my Human Development class we went over the topics of Prenatal and Birth--my favorite! So halfway into the lecture my teacher claimed he knew what the #1 kind of birth control was and he was right. We had to watch a movie showing a natural birth, then a cesarean birth, and finally a birth where the mother had an epidural; after watching that I don't think I ever want kids. No offense to all of you mothers in the family, but it was probably one of the grossest things I have ever seen and I couldn't even watch it all.

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

AMEN! When I had Thomas the nurses asked me if I wanted a mirror positioned so I could watch him coming out. My reaction: "Ew gross, no way!" I stand by that statement :)

Mom said...

I'm with Heather, who ever looks? Not me, no way. I definitely would not have had 8 children if I watched the first one be born. You just don't think of the gross stuff and only think of the prize!

Kimberly said...

I do....You two are silly....I wanted to see everything that was going on. I wanted to know what I was doing and where/when little ella was coming...
Jill-It is grose to watch some woman you don't know give birth I give you props for that....but maybe when you have your own you may change your mind...? who knows?